Pages

Friday, January 5, 2018

December 2017 WIPocalypse Update

Hello All!!!!

I know that I haven't posted in almost 18 months but that doesn't mean that I wasn't stitching.  I think it was shortly after my last post that I found out I was going to be an AUNT!!!!  Needless to say, I went into baby gift stitching mode since she is the first grandbaby on my side of the family.  I stitched the Just Nan Baby Celebration pattern for my niece.  No photo to show for this unfortunately.

I also stitched Forest Friends from Cross Stitch Crazy.  It only six different animals that I stitched multiple times to create a cute afghan.  Here is the finished project:

Then because she was going to need a stocking for Christmas, but she will also celebrate Hanukkah, I needed to find a stocking that merged both holidays.  I found the perfect stocking but it wasn't cross stitch it was needlepoint.  I've never needlepointed before, but that didn't stop me at all.  I started on 5/20/17 and finished on 11/18/17.  Here is the finished project for my sweet Hazel.
In the last 18 months, I did get some stitching done for myself.  As a thread a day, I finished Ink Circles, A Spirited Mandala with the suggested floss on 32ct overdyed linen in Voodoo.
I also finished a second thread a day, Ink Circles, Cirque des Carreaux on 32ct linen in Vintage Cedar Plank with Threadworx Black Forest.  I started it on 8/31/16 and finished on 11/18/17.

In addition to the stitching, I got engaged, planned a wedding, got married, honeymooned and, oh yeah, started my wedding sampler.  The picture is after one week of thread a day and twenty hours of work.  More on the twenty hours in the next post. :)


I will post my WIPocalypse 2018 opening post later this weekend.  Happy stitching!!!!

3 comments:

Jaret said...

Your wedding sampler is beautiful! I love the colors. (Congratulations, by the way!) What pattern is it that you are stitching?

Juls said...

I knew you were stitching like a mad woman!!!! Congrats and Congrats!!!!!

Kris said...

Thanks Jaret and Juls. Jaret, the pattern is from Nouveau Encore Designs and she personalizes them to meet your needs.