Sunday, July 5, 2015

July 2015 Update - Photo intensive

Hello again Internet!  It's been too long. I'm sorry that I've been away but it has taken me a while to get back in the game. The past year  and five months have been crazy.  It sort of went like this...fine...vacation..fine...What the?!?!..surviving...good...great...sad...great.  And tah-dah,  here we are.  There is no need to go into all the gory details, so I'll just say that everything with the exception of my darling Max passing away was for the best and I am much happier now that I could have ever been if things hadn't gone haywire.  Although if someone could fill me in on June, July and August of 2014, I would appreciate it.  I have no clue what happened those months.  I do know that I stitched and I stitched A LOT!!!

First, to answer this month's question: Reality or Fantasy. Which do you prefer to stitch? Figures or Abstract?  I guess it depends on the pattern.  I've done both reality and fantasy.  When it comes to figures or abstract, I think I tend to stay with figures.  I can't think of any abstract designs that I've done.  Although, I'm sure if the right pattern came along I wouldn't be opposed to trying an abstract design.

Anyway, in no particular order here are the things that I finished and am currently working on.  Sorry for blurry pictures and wrinkles.  I need a really good camera.  One of these days.

First up, a few cards that I've finished.  The first three are obviously Christmas cards and the last I think would be cute for Mother's Day.  The penguins were from Cross Stitch Gold and the other two are from World of Cross Stitching.  Both are British cross stitch magazines I receive.  They were super fast to stitch up and I switched the Aida that was provided with even weave.





Here are a couple of ornaments that need to be finished and a sweet little penguin.


Here is the Ursula Michaels "Let's Have Tea" completed with 2 strands over 2 on 28 count Coffee Jobelan. "Let's Cross Stitch" is on 18 count Silkweaver Summer Breeze completed with 2 strands over 2.  "Let's Purr" was completed with 2 or 1 strand(s) over 2 on 28 count Coffee Jobelan.



Halloween designs completed are the Fat Bat Cat by The Victoria Sampler with 2 strands over 2 on 28 count Summer Khaki Lugana, Under the Harvest Moon by Lavender Wings is stitched on 16 count Crystal Haunted Aida and Hallowee House by Chessie and Me.


Christmas designs completed are Holly and Hearts mystery sampler by Lizzie Kate, stitched with 2 strands over 2 on 32 count Belfast Doubloon, and a Santa stocking for my boyfriend stitched with 2 strands over 2 on 28 count Denim Blue Jobelan.


Easter and Spring designs completed are The Busy Easter Bunny by The Sweetheart Tree and Chicks by Lizzie Kate.


Miscellaneous finished include this little pillow.  It was a free pattern given to me at a retreat that I attended.  I'm not sure who the designer is but it was easy and fast to stitch.  My friend Pat actually finished it into the pillow.  My sewing skills are still lacking.
And this sewing machine cover that I stitched for my sister and then sneakily had her stitch together (she thought it was for our mother).  It is Ursula Michaels Let's Sew on count 18 ct Silkweaver Tutti Fruiti

Here is a golf design called "Tee Time" by Hinzet that I stitched on 18 count Silkweaver Days Gone by with 2 strands over 1.

Here is Season of the Trees by Rosewood Manor.  I stitched this with 2 strands over 2 on 32 count Lambswool Linen. This was my thread a day, started on 9/1/14 and finished on 6/9/15.

I've stitched a few baby gifts shown here.  I've blurred out the last name if applicable.


First there is Countdown to Christmas by Needle Bling Designs.  It will look like this when finished. I'm stitching this with 1 strand over 1 on 28 count Lava Jazlyn.

And here is where I am.

My new thread a day project is Witches Night Out by Blackberry Lane Designs.  It will look like this when finished.  I'm stitching it with 1 strand over 1 on 28 count Stormy Gray over dyed Jobelan.
And currently looks like this.

I've also started Mirabilia's Dressmaker's Daughter with 2 strands over 2 on XX count XXX.  This is what it will look like when finished.

And here is where I am.

Finally there is Mishra.  He's on white 28 count evenweave, tent stitched with 2 strands over 1.  I've finished nine pages and have started on the tenth.  The seventh page took 30 days to complete but pages eight and nine took me 119 days to complete.  Here's hoping page ten is closer to 30 than 119.  I would like to have at least fifteen pages done by the end of the year.  Fingers crossed.
I have many, many, many more WIPs and if I were to give Mishra 7 days a month, I would need a 40+ day to give each of my other projects one day.  I won't photograph all of them now, but as I pick a few to work on each month, I will post them.  I'll try to take clearer wrinkle free pictures in the future and to also be better about remember what fabric I do everything on.

Happy stitching everyone and thanks for stopping by.